A phone not being able to make or receive calls can be caused by many factors.
If the issue is widespread, it is most likely an internet issue. Follow these steps to try to get your phone working again.
- Verify that the internet is working on the computers. If the internet is down everywhere then try rebooting any firewalls, routers, and modems. Wait 5 minutes after rebooting these devices and reboot all the phones.
- The phones are rebooted by disconnecting the cable from the LAN (or internet depending on phone model) port, waiting 10 seconds and plugging it back in.
- If there is a POE switch for the phones, then rebooting the switch will reboot all of the phones.
- If there is a separate internet service for the SmartLink PBX phone system it is possible that the internet on the computers is working, but the phones are down. In this case, reboot any firewalls, routers, and modems associated with the phone system, then reboot the phones.
- If everything has been rebooted and the phones are still unable to make or receive calls please contact the Norvado trouble department by emailing a description of the problem along with the phone number of the phone and time of the problem to [email protected], or by calling 800-250-8927.
If the issue is isolated to one phone, please reboot that particular phone. If the issue is not resolved or if this is a repeat issue, please contact Norvado SmartLink PBX Support by emailing a description of the problem along with the phone number of the phone and time of the problem to [email protected]om, or by calling 800-250-8927.