If you know you are going to be gone, you can forward your incoming calls to a new location by using Call Forwarding. You can control the forwarding of your calls to any number including your cell phone or pager, anytime you choose.
To use Call Forwarding:
- Press * 72 (On a rotary phone, dial 1172).
- Dial the number to which your calls are to be forwarded and press #. The dialed number will ring. Call Forwarding works with either local or long distance calls.
- When someone answers, Call Forwarding is activated. If the number you called is busy or if there is no answer, hang up and repeat the first two steps within two minutes. Listen for two beeps or special dial tone indicating Call Forwarding is activated. From that moment on, all calls will go to that number until you change the number or end Call Forwarding.
To end Call Forwarding:
- Press * 73 (On a rotary phone, dial 1173) and then #. Listen for two beeps or a special dial tone to indicate that Call Forwarding is no longer active and calls to your number will ring at your telephone normally.
To change the Call Forwarding number:
- To change the Call Forwarding number you must deactivate the old number by using the instructions to end Call Forwarding and enter a new number using the directions to use Call Forwarding.
- Customers on Fiber service should not listen for a dial tone.
- While your calls are being forwarded, your telephone will ring briefly each time your number is dialed. You cannot answer the calls, but the ring is a reminder that Call Forwarding is still in effect.
- If you forward your calls outside of your local calling area, you will be charged for any calls forwarded from your number to the long distance number.
- While calls are being forwarded, you can still make outgoing calls.
- If you have the Distinctive Ring feature you can choose to not have the Distinctive Ring calls forwarded. Only calls to the main number will be forwarded when Call Forwarding is active.
If you have additional questions please contact our service department at 855.330.1143.